Alba White Truffles-that special time of the year
Celebrate Thanksgiving and Alba Truffles.
From October to November, the 88th alba white truffle international fair will be held, which, like every year, will monopolize the attention of admirers and experts in the sector: let’s discover together everything there is to know about this world-famous event!
The great showcase of Italian excellence.
Alba Truffle Fair, which attracts more than 600,000 people in every edition, will once again be the focus of a rich program of events aimed at celebrating the meeting between the white truffle and the essence of made in Italy gastronomy, that will revolve around the alba truffle show, a large space that will delight visitors with:
- cooking with great chefs
- Sensory analysis of the truffles
- Wine tasting experiences
Of course, there will be cultural meetings, debates with great guests, historical re-enactments and twinning with excellent territories (first of all Langhe, Roero, and Monferrato), without forgetting the alba truffle bimbi, the initiative dedicated to all children and their families.
The heart of the fair, every Saturday and Sunday, will be the alba white truffle world market, which will be set up in a large exhibition area in the historic center: here visitors can take advantage of the unique opportunity to see, touch, smell and learn about the tuber magnatum pico, the pride of piedmont and whole Italy.
White Alba truffle and its collection
This precious underground fungus still retains something magical: even with all the cultivation techniques and technology that is available, it is not possible to replicate this miracle of nature.
The harvest calendar of the white truffle of alba in piedmont opens on September 21st and closes on January 31st, but every year it is a little different from the other because never as in this case, it is nature that dictates the times.
The role of the moon in the collection of the alba white truffle is important: in fact the trifolao wait for the new moon to have a light source in the night and, apparently, to have a richer harvest. The intimate knowledge, handed down from generation to generation, of the times and places of the truffle determines the property more than the ground does.
Only this mixture of instinct, knowledge, passion and special noses – those of the dogs that have always accompanied the trefoil – allow this “earth’s gold” to be found to end up on the tables and give a unique and inimitable taste.
Thanksgiving recipes with Alba white truffle
Piedmontese fondue with white truffle
- 500 g of fontina cheese
- 50 g of butter
- ½ liter of whole milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- White truffle
1. Cut the fontina into very small pieces and soak in the milk for about 3 hours. Drain the cheese from the milk and place it in an earthenware dish, adding the butter, egg yolks, and parmesan.
2. Cook in a bain-marie over low heat for about 1 hour and a half, stirring constantly so that the fontina can melt without forming lumps.
3. The freshly prepared fondue can be used to accompany vegetable flan, completing the dish with grated truffle.
White truffle risotto recipe
A well-creamed risotto is always at the top of the list of favorite dishes. If then it is embellished by the addition of the prized white truffle, you will be sure to have conquered.
- 240 g of carnaroli rice
- 1 l of vegetable broth
- 1 shallot
- 20 g of butter
- 20 g of white truffle
- 10 cl of dry white wine
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Chop the shallot (which is used instead of the onion because it is more delicate and aromatic) with the knife, and brown it in a pan in which you have melted the butter.
2. Pour the rice, toast it and add the white wine, making the alcohol evaporate.
3. Combine a ladle of broth, stir and cook for 15 minutes, pouring more broth when needed to finish cooking.
4. Remove from the heat, add the grated truffle and mix. Stir in olive oil and parmesan and serve immediately.
For More information on the Alba Truffle Fair visit : ( CLICK HERE Alba Truffle Show)